Becoming a member
You don’t need any qualifications to become a member of the QWSG. If you would like to participate in any of the group’s activities, we will gladly show you anything you need to know and help you develop your skills. Join the Queensland Wader Study Group and you can be involved in a number of interesting and rewarding activities:
- Regular counts of waders around Moreton Bay, Cairns, Townsville, Gladstone and other regions. From this the QWSG maintains a wader database for Queensland. This gives us a measure of the abundance of the birds, and will give us early warning signs if the populations are declining.
- Participate in expeditions to interesting sites in Queensland, such as Mackay and the Great Sandy Straits, to survey wader populations.
- Link with other regional wader study groups through the Australian Wader Study Group (AWSG).
- Help lobby for protection of wader habitat. Several areas of international importance for waders have no protection at all.
- Attend or assist with education courses on waders
- Assist with Banding of waders
With your membership you will receive a quarterly newsletter and be regularly informed of any upcoming events and activities. If you would like to join please download and fill in the application form that can be accessed using the link below
When you’ve completed it, send your application form to the address at the bottom of the form:
You can enclose a cheque with your membership form or pay by bank transfer. If you prefer the latter please e-mail our treasurer (see the contact page) for our banking details.